[TechAssist] Re: Re Mr Ohms turning in his grave 220Volts?????? SHOCKED!!!!!

  • From: "Vilhelm Boor" <villyboor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:03:37 0000

Villy boor
 Boorelec Durban
 When I read some of this I am rather surprised, where were some of you
trained, what happened to Ohms law? Why 2 round prongs. Most countries use
various combinations of flat pin at various angles, Round pins tended to have a
bakelite body.
  But please remember W=IV so the greater V is the less I will be so cables are
lighter, plugs can be smaller and fuses lower I. Philips for example make a
wide range of TV with an input requirement of from 90V to 270V, just plug it in
and its working. I am sometimes left speechless, this is your subject and
livlihood, you must know basics.