[TechAssist] Re: RCA model# 27R410T chassis ITC008 weak video

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:18:17 -0700

not sure if this pertains to yours or not,but

from WinStips

Intermittent Sync
Rv001 (15k Surface Mount, Part # 256743), Cv006 (Part # 256858), And Cv007
(Part #
244072). All Of These Components Are Off Of Pin 17 Of Iv001. All Are Smd
Components, Held In By Excess Glue Which Is Conductive.

Video Input Loses Color, On Tuner Input Loses Horizontal Sync
Lock.   Suspected Defective Signal Ic, Iv001, But Upon Replacement
Symptom  Returned.  Further Inspection, Found Cold Solder On Surface Mount
Component  Cv006 Off Pin 17 Iv001.  Further Inspection Found Cold Solder On
Three  Additional Surface Mount Components: Rr012, Rr013, Rr061.  Resolder
All  Listed Components And Unit No Longer Breaking Down With Thermal
Changes To Ic,  Iv001

Found That There Was No Voltage On Pin 49 Of Jungle Iv001. No Beam Current
Limit To Pin 49.
Found Open Rl002 Which Feeds The Voltage To The Beam Current Circuit.
Located Behide Flyback.

If You Look Off Pin 17 Of Iv001 (The H Vco 1600fh Area), You Will Find The
Following 3 Surface Mount Components:
Rv001 (Part# 256743) (Res Cmf 15k Ohm 5% 1/16w)
Cv006 (Part# 256858) (Cap Cc 1uf 10% 6.3v X5r)
Cv007 (Part# 244072) (Cccfmic 4n7f +10% -10% 50)
Usually Only Cv007 Is The Culprit

Peggs