[TechAssist] RCA Projection PTK169PCB Model NA

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:26:21 -0400

Hi guys, working on a PTK169PCB (don`t have model # just lightbox) set
was dead, regulated B+ was 204 volts replaced C4102 and B+ is now
141volts. Set will still not start because 15 v line is only 13.2 volts,
no relay clicks, no ticking, replaced CR4118 with oem, pulled C4145 it
esr`s good no leakage.I pulled jumper wire jw324 and 15 v line goes to
16.3, I replaced it and pulled jw320 and I get 13.9 volts so obviously
15v A&C lines are ok, the 15v B line is the problem. I`ve been pulling
my hair out for 3 hours trying to find the short on this line, has
anybody been down this path before?? Thanks in advance,
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl.

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html