[TechAssist] Re: RCA PV46811LV PTK195AA vertical

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:24:19 -0500

Leonard, there both off pin 16 of U16201 the deflection IC, they are in
parallel, and they are of course both smd`s.The pin 16 side showing 3.5
volts the other side should be 7.5 volts, value is .1uf, If you heat
that area (pin 16,28,and both caps) and full vertical comes back
momentarily those 2 caps are your problem,replace the caps, and clean
the glue off the board and you should be up and running,I have the paper
service manual and the parts disc if you need to borrow them,Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428

Leonard G. Caillouet wrote:

> I am losing the 13v half supply intermittently.  I see some previous posts
> on this problem that suggest to check the glue on C14501 and C14503.  I feel
> stupid to ask, but where are these.  I can't find them on the board and the
> partial schematics that I have in the RCA troubleshooting guide and in Bob
> Rose's book(one of the best $30 I ever spent, BTW) don't show them in the
> circuit.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Leonard G. Caillouet
> Service Manager