[TechAssist] Re: RCA HDLP50W151 SHUTDOWN

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:30:41 -0500

Well you should hear the gentle whoosh of the fans 1st,  then the
"vuhreeeee" of the color wheel, then the lamp lights....if the lamp is bad,
then you hear a tic.....tic......tic. Listen closely, I've even heard a
vibrating metal sound 3 times when the bulb is bad. Just had a bad lamp
power supply this weekend and NO sound at all, just 270V on the power
connector at all times. Don't even try to measure the lamps actual voltage
tho'.....you'll blow your meter.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815