[TechAssist] Re: RCA F27351WN CTC177BE distorted audio

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:45:27 -0500

Tommy,
You may be on the right track. Try some different speakers. I have ran into
sound distortion on this chassis, where one speaker was bad, causing both
speakers to distort!

Customer may be over driving the audio in this set.
Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas

From: Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] RCA F27351WN  CTC177BE distorted audio
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:03:54 EDT

Repaired this unit some time back with the usual solder connections in the
Tuner. Came back today and the customer complains that the unit has
intermittent distortion in the audio. Sounds OK on my bench, however the
customer listens to music off his Cable box. I have heard some intermittent
raspy sounds. It makes no difference whether the unit is a Max volume or
not.
it is intermittent. The sound is there but I can notice a little distortion.
I suspect speaker problems.

Tommy Herman
Herman TV
250 School Ave SW