[TechAssist] Re: RCA BIG SCREEN CTC169PF/P46720LV

  • From: DEECMAY@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:25:48 EDT

Hey Huds,

Try leaving anode lead from fbt plugged into splitter and unplug all three
outputs......if unit stays on, try one anode at a time til set starts to shut
down again.  We have seen shorted crts cause this symptom . Good luck.   Dee

Dee May
Sight & Sound
1012 US Hwy 51 N
Covington TN 38019
901-476-5714

RCA MODEL # P46720LV   CHASSIS # CTC169PF

I have changed the HV splitter and Cr 4118, C4104, and Q601 with the HI
voltage wire from the flyback in the splitter
the set when first press power button you can hear the hi voltage come up
and the power light stay on for about one minute
and the green tube lights up just for an instant and goes out and the power
light on the power button goes out also,
if I take the Hi voltage wire out of the splitter the light stays on and the
arc at the end of the Hi voltage wire looks real
weak, put it back in the splitter and it goes out.  HELP

thanks Huds.
Leroy Hudson
112 Maple Dr.
Perry, Fl. 32348