[TechAssist] Re: Proscan/ RCA PS35682, CTC170RA slowly clicks several times only

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:34:31 -0400

On the signal board at front I found a leaking lytic "C602": a
150mfd@16V is this
C4602???
I replaced it, cleaned the area darkened from the fluid. I jumpered an
open trace underneath. Now it powers up with HV for about 10 seconds, a
loud thump from the speakers, and shuts down. I pulled the HV lead out
of the flyback, capped it, (thus isolating a possible bad HV focus
block). powered it up ,but the same thing happens again, so the block is
not at fault. Now where to go...
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader