[TechAssist] Re: Pop-up stoppers...was... Re: AKAI PTV

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:56:16 -0400

I've been using the Panicware popup stopper for several years.
You only have to use the ctrl key to allow pop ups to show.
A few sites use them to show things you ask for, like TV Guide.
If you click on a show to get more info they use a pop up that is blocked by
it, so you have to hit the ctrl key to get it. Some real estate sites use
one to show the picture of the house, etc.
If you are going to be using a site where it bothers you, just turn it off
at it's icon.
I don't find it to be much of a problem, myself.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH