[TechAssist] Pop-up stoppers...was... Re: AKAI PTV

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:46:23 -0400

Bil,
Pretty good here...thanks...
I have used the following, which works well. I'm not sure what you expect from
one, but this one will
block all pop-ups, even when you click on a link...you'll have to press the
ctrl button then.
http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html
In the past few months, I have been using Deepnet explorer instead of Internet
Explorer. It works much the
same way and I have not had trouble viewing websites. This browser has a built
in pop-up blocker.
It also has a nicer auto fill feature that fills data for each site. In IE, you
had to choose a stored
user name, then the password would auto-fill in.
In Deep net, once the page loads, the user name and password fills in
automatically.
It also has tabbed browsing, instead of a new window for each site.
Disadvantages: You can sort favorites by name. It takes a few seconds to load.
Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St, Steelton PA 17113