[TechAssist] Re: Philips Proj. Model 60PP97 0104 Chassis DPTV215. No video or osd, pink raster only. No audio. No functions work, have to unplug set.

  • From: "Dave Huston" <HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:02:18 -0500

Here's what Force32 says:

Philips:   55PP9701, 60PP9701, 60PP9601 AND 64PP9751
Marantz: PV5580, PV6080 AND PV6480

Manual: 7608

Symptom: There could be multiple symptoms, below are some of them:
               1. The set would lock up on a channel and would not change
without AC Reset.
  2. While in lockup the menu was not accessible.
      PIP could be locked on at times.
  3. The set would lockup in Aux 3 Video.

Cause:    There is a possible problem with I2C bus line on the Gemstar
board.

Cure:      To verify the defect as the Gemstar board, unplug connector 1311
located on the Gemstar board, if the unit returns to normal operation, the
Gemstar board should be considered defective and be replaced.

P/S  It sounded like a bad SSB to me but it appears this chassis doesn't
have one. That's all I have for this set. Hope it helps.

Dave
Huston TV & Electronics
2846 Marion-Cardington Rd.E.
Marion, Ohio 43302