[TechAssist] Re: Philips CTV MD1.1 lightning

  • From: "Stefaan Van Slycken" <vanslycken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:28:12 +0200

I could get a schematic, there are official philips dealers which sell them,
but they're about €30, and the customers don't want the repairs to cost that
much.  I've never sold these sets, so to me it's not worth buying a schem.
When there's no cable signal with PAL, you get snow.  I'm having a tough
time with this one, first i suspected the PAL decoder (TDA8366 - find
datasheet on www.semiconductors.philips.com ) because i had no RGB output
there, but it works fine in an other set.
Problem is, the only indications for voltages i find are +8 and +13, the
others just have measurement point numbers, so i'd like to have a schem or a
service manual to compare them with.  Tough sets to work on...

TIA
Stefaan Van Slycken
Van Slycken Elektro, Waasmunster, BE.