[TechAssist] Panasonic service menu(repaired) thanks

  • From: "Terry J Hutchison" <sony1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:10:26 -0500

To those who answered my request for info on service mode acess on panasonic
tvcr thanks a lot, it was just a verticle adjustment in service menu.  I know I
am not supposed to post just a thanks but I could not help it, this and the
other help I have received throughout the year has been invaluable.  The pvm27
I was working on had been struck by lightning I repaired a strait foreward
short in rect cir and when set was turned on vert scan was short top and bottom
with no distortion figured it was a service menu issue and I was right.  After
accessing the menu I found that remote did not work the set the IR sensor had a
steady 5vdc on it but I did not trust the resistance reading I got between two
of the legs, replacing the IR sensor restored unit to full function.  Thanks to
all again.  Terry

Terry J Hutchison
T&G Television Repair
Kingsland, Ga.