[TechAssist] Re: PTK169 PTA - Arcing

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:39:38 -0400

Wally,

 Call me today & I'll explain it to ya.....Don't want to type a novel !

One thing you will need is a new anode cup as you'll need to remove the old
one to clean all traces of fluid from inside and your old one is not
reusable. Typically there is a hole blown right thru it from the arcing

 You can get a replacement one from RCA or use one from a scrapped RCA
flyback.  The RCA caps have a distinct round top on them that fits nicely
under the hard plastic cover that goes over the anode cap.

 Also , if the original HV Splitter is still in the set (Part # 205064) . I
always change them...cheap enough ($30) & prevents a call back a week after
you fix the set.  Only use OEM for this....don't use the generics.

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413