[TechAssist] Re: Noisey coils & Transformers

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:16:47 -0800

I started this thread as a question how everyone handles this problem. There is
as many way as there are coils and transformers.
I use super glue and wire ties. Sometimes just glue, sometimes wire ties, and
sometimes both. Ultimately the cure should not compromise the safety of the
product, nor alter the inductance of the device. And above all cure the trouble.

I think the last cure I remember was lacquer. I used to use lacquer years ago
but I opted for the super glue because it's viscosity allowed better and faster
penetration into the coil foundation.
To answer your question, Yes, the glue fills the voids in the coil structure
that causes the  acoustical vibration that is so annoying to our customers.

Dennis Viereck