[TechAssist] Re: Noisey coils & Transformers

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:30:56 -0600

I use several thin coats of clear lacquer and finish with RTV (silicone
rubber, for those who never heard of RTV--Room Temperature Vulcanizing).
This is very effective for driver transformers and chokes.  I tried hot
glue, but it usually just reduced the level--it wouldn't get to the "core
of the issue."

As for "hearing" the offending frequency, Clancy covered that pretty
well.  Two other possibilities. 1) In the home, have your customer be
your ears.  2)  Invite the cute secretary from next door for a cup of
coffee and have her listen.  Works for me. :-)

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

--------------------

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:40:49 -0800 "Clancy Harms"
<dickstv1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think grandson idea is better.
> You can always send him home, and he's probably
> more cost effective in the long run.  Cheaper to have around too !!
>  :-)
>
> Clancy Harms                       NESDA's  Region 7  Director
> Dick's Radio & TV, Inc.
> 2319 West Clay St.               If it's broken...a real man can
> St. Charles, MO. 63301           can break it even better !
> (636)-724-5055
> (636)-724-5531 fax
> email:    dickstv1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> mailto:dickstv1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx