[TechAssist] Re: Noisey coils & Transformers

  • From: "David Downey" <davestv8584@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:12:10 -0500

Hey you guys have you all forgotten the old trick of a flexiable plastic
clear tubing  We used this over thirty tears ago!!!Hardware stores carry
it.Or air tubing from a fish tank.Bring back any memories ???

  >From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Reply-To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Noisey coils
&Transformers >Date: 29 Nov 2001 10:40:10 -0800 >>Didn't your Dr. tell you
not to put anything bigger that your elbow in your ear, heh heh. Compelled
toreply to this, Neil >>>>** Original Subject: RE: [TechAssist] Re: Noisey
coils &Transformers >>** Original Sender: "Damon" >>** Original Date: Thu,
29Nov 2001 08:02:56 -0500 (EST) >>>** Original Message follows... >>>>>I
reada posting that suggested using a hot glue gun. I got the opportunity
>>touse it on an IHVT recently and it works even better than silicone.
>>Silicone is just too flexy where the hot glue isn't. I'm switching to hot
>>glue from now on. >>>>As for isolating the culprit, I roll up a piece of
paper into a cone, stick >>it in my ear and find the loudest point. That
willat least isolate it to 1 >>or 2 coils. >>So that ringing in my ears is
Tinnitus eh? I always thought it was from >>drinking too much coffee.
>>FtWayne, IN 46815 >>----- Original Message -----From: "Jerry" >>To:
>>Sent:Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:53 PM >>Subject: [TechAssist] Re:
Noisey coils &Transformers >>>>>>>>>>Good questions. These are always hard
tofind and fix. I don't think >>many >>>people hear the 15.7 kHz horz, but
rather hear the 1st sub harmonic (7867 >>>Hz). The most common component I
find causing these problems is those >>horz >>>lin chokes. They usually have
a gray colored plastic shrink covering on >>>them. Removing that and putting
a light coat of silicon sealant on it >>>usually cures that. I'm 42 and my
hearing rolls off at about 12 kHz and I >>>have tinitus (ringing in the
ears), the sub harmonic of horz is discordant >>>with the ringing I hear and
drives me nuts (I understand why the dog howls >>>when he hears the sirens)!
----- >>>From: "Dennis Viereck" >>>To: >>>Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001
10:38 PM >>>Subject: [TechAssist] Noisey coils &Transformers >>>>>>>>>| >>>|
Since we ran the "cleaning the video head" into the ground I have >>another
check for coils, transformers, and >>>other >>>| components that sometime
have the tendency to squeal at high audible >>>frequencies >>>| in
televisions? The devices I mean are like flybacks, linearity coils, >>>yokes
correct them? By replacement or other tricks? >>>| >>>| For those of you,
like me, who's hearing rolls off at 7 khz and can't >>hear >>>these >>>|
noises, how do you detect them, and how do you know you have it repaired
>>>if you >>>| can't hear these high frequencies? >>>| >>>| Dennis Viereck

--- Links ---
   1 'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag4_etl_EN.asp'