[TechAssist] Re: Need advice from engineering folks.

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 08:40:12 -0500

OHMS LAW
W= watts/power
I= current/amps
E=volts
 I = E / R

example  120v X 2.5a = 300w   or    300=2.5 X 120 or  300/120=2.5

 multiply volt with current for watts
or divide volts into watts  for  current(amps)
or divide amps into watts for volts

example: You have six lamps on a given circuit, each lamp uses 300 watts.
Total of lamps on a circuit are 1800 watts and are powered with 120 volts.
The lamps will require 15 amps (1800/120=15)

hth
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc