[TechAssist] Re: Need advice from engineering folks.

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:52:30 -0400

Incandescent lighting can draw a surge of up to 10 times operating current
when first turned on. The wire sizes and circuit breaker time delays have to
be sized to take this into account. The rules for sizing the wiring and
selecting the protection devices are spelled out in the National Electrical
Code Handbook. The power company is capable of providing this information
but they may not want to. A master electrician should be capable of advising
you.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave