[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi model CK-3530R- black lines in picture

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:18:47 -0500

Mike,

This is a 1989 UA-B chassis.  We see quite a few of these.  They have bad
caps in several places. Not as extensive as on some of the later Mits sets,
but you will likely find 6-12 bad electrolytics.  Check them all like you
would on one of the later models for electrolyte leakage, ESR, and dc
leakage and you will save yourself recalls.  Be sure to check the vertical
circuit carefully for bad connections and caps.  Just moving it around will
often set off vertical problems.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World