[TechAssist] Mitsubishi, VS5043, Random shutdown

  • From: daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
  • To: TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:12:01 -0600

I have a VS5043 Mitsubishi that has random shutdown.  There isn't any flaw in
the picture to indicate what circuit to look in.  It can shut down in a couple
of minutes or play all day.  Checked for poor solder joints and found very few
bad.  Tried heating and cooling and no help.  ESR'd the caps and didn't find
any bad.  However, I can lower the brightness no minimum and it doesn't
shutdown.  I suspect an ABL or shutdown circuit problem but I have no print to
trace it out.  I didn't find any tips with this type of problem.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Daryl
Daryl's TV
2402 Wyoming Ave.
El Paso, TX  79903