[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox 20MS233S, no or very little sound

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TechAssist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 19:56:55 -0700

 From WinStips,and I just repaired one of these last week for this problem....

Replace Ic7000  932215270671. Tech Serv Says Reason It Goes Out Is The
Black Wire From 0227 From Main Board To 0227 On Mpx Board  Needs To Be
Routed Away From Dag Wire.

This repair had been done before on my set.
It's a Postage stamp IC under the small board on the Right.
the Black wire,in mine,had been tucked under this small board,then reconnected.
I removed the wire's connector from the PCB,and hardwired it to the bottom
of the PCB.
Again,my set had had this chip replaced once,I let the customer know of
course...

Peggs