[TechAssist] Re: LXI M#564.54710751 (Toshiba) mfg. 3/88, video driver prob.

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:51:09 -0800

Daryl,

564 is Sanyo/Fisher, not Toshiba.  Resolder the wires from/to the crt
pcb.  May look good, but resolder them anyway.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:36:04 -0700 "D Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
writes:

> Hi,
> I have an old sears 35", 564.54710751 made by Toshiba.
> No chassis number found and I have not been able to cross to any
> Toshiba
> numbers.  Sams is available only by photocopy.
> Set came in with intermittent vert. deflection.  Found the usual bad
> solder
> joints throughout the chassis.  Esr'd the electros and didn't find
> anything
> else bad.  Traced my footsteps for possible solder bridges,
> connectors in
> the wrong place, etc. (none found).
> Problem now is I have full deflection but have washed out video.  The
> picture looks like the usual symptom you get on the Zeniths that
> have the
> transistor shorted on the crt board.
> I'm not sure if it is a ABL problem or a video driver problem.  I
> have 36
> volts on the RGB collectors but can bias the transistors to turn off
> and
> give me my 200 volts.  However, when I turn up G2, I get a pulsing
> on the
> screen and momentarily get good video while it is pulsing ( pulses
> at rate
> of about one second).  The RGB collectors then pulse from 36 to 145
> volts.
> If anyone has any ideas or has a cure or possibly run a scan of the
> video
> driver and ABL circuits.
> Thanks,
> Daryl