[TechAssist] Re: Hp Pavillion 500 - will not detect modem

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:58:09 -0600

Jim - your suggestion worked. I'm back in operation. Thanks.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx(Jim=A0Myers) Date: Sat, Nov 20, 2004, 11:27am
(CST+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Hp
Pavillion 500 - will not detect modem Reply=A0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Max, try removing all modem drivers with no modem installed. Go to
control panel then printers and other hardware then phone and modem
options then under the modems tap highlight and remove all modems that
are there.
Then power down and install the new modem. When you restart Windows
should detect the new modem and either set it up or ask for the install
disk.
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Old TV Man wrote:

Jim.
I am running Windows XP.
The instructions with the new modem did not mention drivers. I did get
an installion CD with it.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL
Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx(Jim=3DA0Myers) Date: Sat, Nov 20, 2004, 10:25am
(CST+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Hp
Pavillion 500 - will not detect modem Reply=3DA0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What OS and which version?
Did you remove old modem drivers from Control panel/system/hardware?
(assuming Windows)
Did you install drivers for the new modem?
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Old TV Man wrote:
When i got to outlook express and click connect I get this message
"could not detect modem. It may be in use, turned off, or not installed
properly".
I replaced the modem and still get the same message.
Any help from you computer whiz's?

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL