[TechAssist] Hitachi 53UWX10B Convergence adjusting

  • From: "DAMON BRUNGER" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 07:03:12 -0500

I'm asking this question because we're really starting to do some more work
on the HITACHI Digital Convergence systems, and I've had this problem occur
on the last 3 units I've serviced.
Hitachi EXPERTS....I need YOUR INPUT.

Have you ever had the Hitachi PTVs causing REALLY BAD alignment problems
AFTER replacing the Convergence IC's??  Does the Hitachi TV require
"Hitachi-Only" Convergence AMPs?

I tell you what.....it's bad enough to do minor touch-up....but when the top
or bottom lines >>ALWAYS<< seem to be the failure point on
Hitachi's.....that's when you start wondering if you should switch from
MCM/Tritronics "Standard" STK392-110's to "Hitachi-Only" Amps (which by the
way...are available FROM Tritronics....or so my boss says...)

Now if you want to know the symptoms....the Top OR BOTTOM lines "seem" to
Pop way out of adjustment,
[[you're adjusting it....it "smoothly" is approaching the point of
alignment....it's getting closer, and closer....closer.....POP! IT's 6
inches past the point of alignment....and distorting.]]
Using the "centering magnets" to re-center the offending color doesn't seem
to help.

The problem is always around the corners, normally the top/bottom lines
cannot be properly adjusted....I don't remember if the left/right lines have
ever had this situation occur, since I have only serviced 3.....yes 3
Hitachi PTVs in 2 years!!
That's why I need input from the Hitachi EXPERTS! TIA, and I really mean TIA

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN