[TechAssist] Re: Gateway G5 233 wrongly flashed BIOS

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:11:33 -0400

If the BIOS flash failed, the computer probably isn't able to boot up at
all, so having the old bios saved wouldn't do any good. You might have
to obtain a new bios chip from the motherboard manufacturer, if you are
lucky enough to have one that plugs into a socket. If the motherboard is
a Gigabyte, there is a chance that there is a backup bios chip built
right in.

What brand and model of motherboard is it? Maybe I or someone else has
one which we could make a copy of the bios chip and send it to you.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4