[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Gurus needed for browser Ie6 PROBLEM

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jim Myers <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:38:58 -0700

Hi Jim,

Try this IE repair first by pasting the following text into Run
and press Enter:

RUNDLL32  SETUPWBV.DLL,IE5Maintenance

If your system is working properly a box will pop up and give the
option to repair IE. As I barely recall I didn't have to change
the letters IE5 to IE6.

You also need to scan for ad and spyware using Ad-aware and "Search
and Destroy" (whether or not this is the problem). CWShredder may
well be needed to fix the problem. And according to a MS tech these
3 programs must be run in the proper order (after updating them,
which you can do, but would require special instructions).

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 PC 1000