[TechAssist] Finished! Sony M# KF50WE610 changing lamp

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:23:54 -0500

OK, we finally finished this one.

The last part finally arrived this week, and I went out today. It went OK. I
wish I had re-read Jeff's post. I had to leave the house, and comb our town
looking for a 6" #2 philips driver (Thank God for Tractor Supply).

I wound up removing the optical block, to replace the lamp, which had
shatterred. But, other than being short a screwdriver, It went OK. Taking my
time, it took about 2 1/2 hours, including 45 minutes for the tool run. The
next one will go quicker.
I also replaced the Lamp Driver & the power supply board.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help. That made this job a
lot less frightening.

John Myers
Myers TV Service Company
376 E. State St.