[TechAssist] Re: Finished! Sony M# KF50WE610 changing lamp

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:36:12 -0500

Why in God's name did you remove the optical block to get to the lamp?
That's a lot of work. Are you aware of how to remove it from the front (it
is in the owner's manual as it is the owner's responsibility to replace it
periodically for hours)? I carry two of the Xcelite XST-1020 long Philips
drivers on the truck just for the screws on the optical blocks.

p.s. I did one yesterday to replace the lamp and driver board. I was done
start to finish in under 25 minutes.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager