[TechAssist] FW: Samsung TXE2546, shuts down in about 2 seconds

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:58:57 -0400

This set begins to start up, you can hear high voltage, but then it =
shuts
down in just a second or two.

I had a "close" schematic, and was able to prove that pretty much all of =
the
power supply voltages, standby, from the switching power supply and from =
the
secondary of the flyback are all ok. The 130V supply to the horizontal
section is good, as are the 17 and 45 volt supplies to the vertical =
chip.
All voltages on the vertical and audio output chips seem good, and I =
scoped
the flyback area and found good clean pulses (no ringing at all).

Since that day (Saturday), I found the exact schematic, but wonder =
whether
this problem has been encountered before,

Thanks, Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio & TV
40 Main St
Essex, MA 01929