[TechAssist] Re: FIXED! Mitsubishi VS-4507R no Vertical Sync

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:33:10 -0400

There is no way in the world I am going to change 120 caps in those Mits.
The customer couldn't afford to pay me all that labor. Not to mention all
the customers that I have to put off while working on that dog. I get those
sets too and if it takes more than a handful of caps I tell the customer to
replace it. I also tell the customer that the caps I replaced are for this
failure only, and if anymore fail there is no warranty on the repair. That
is a different problem. I didn't design that mess. Why don't they fail like
that in all the other brands. Besides the Zenith C2212, and a few other caps
on that chassis, I don't see those types of failures regularly. The boards
usually have that corrosion on them anyway from the leaking caps, and they
stink, smells like dead fish. Why set yourself up for a failure. You can
replace 120 caps and still miss just one and it looks like to the customer
that you did a horrible job. My opinion is if those sets come in, be honest
with the customer and tell them to Replace.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Check out the Electronic Repair Screensaver We created. More Images to come!
To download these Collections you must first install the Eyetide Viewer:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
"We're Number One Where it Really Counts, With our Customers"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474