[TechAssist] Re: EEPROM programmer

  • From: Randall Torda <lectrics284@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:32:34 -1000

John,

I have breadboaded a simple EPROM programmer
using Radio Shack parts and and old serial DB9
computer cable.  The circuit consist of only two
4.7 zeners, couple caps, couple resistors, and one
78L05 regulator.  The programmer is only for
24CXX serial eproms.  The pony programmer can
be downloaded at:  http://www.lancos.com.
The circuits that they show for breadboading are
a little more complex.  I've tried the one that uses
the parallel port...but I could never get to work
properly, so I breadboaded one using my simple
circuit using the serial port..  I use it to copy, verify or load EPROM
data.  You can even edit program data.  You
can save the data in e2p, hex,bin etc if you want
to use other eprom software.
I don't have any schematic producing software
to make it look nice so I have to draw it out manually, scan it and send
it
to you and if anybody wants to try it then I'll upload it.

----