[TechAssist] Re: Cleaning "chemicals" mode switches

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:21:21 -0500

I use a #2.5 pencil with the tip flattened to the diameter of the smallest
track and any cleaner that won't attack the plastic parts, Deoxit being the
best I have found for stubborn deposits.  I usually just need to use alcohol
for most, then after clean use a bit of Deoxit to touch it up with a mini
swab.  I like the pencil if you can remove the switch because it polishes
gently and does not scratch the contact surface.  You do need to wash all of
the graphite out, however.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd