[TechAssist] Re: Can LA7838 be replaced by LA7837?

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:18:21 -0800

Yes, I wanted to repair one more set before going on holidays and I had
only the 37 in stock.  I have always wondered if they were
interchangeable because they have the same pin outs.  I thought I would
get only one answer, not many different answers.  From what I have
learned from this discussion,  the 38 has higher current and is used in
TV's bigger than 19".  The 37 has lower current and is used for TV's 19"
and smaller.  The fact that this is a 32" GAOO, means that I must
replace the 38 with the 38.  If the set was 19" or smaller either should
work.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYBODY!

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair