[TechAssist] Re: CTC140 RVM2630..missing cable channels? Snow after 64.

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:38:42 -0400

Mark, Jeff, and All:

I wish I could tell some customers to use their old TV as a boat anchor,
but..they want to keep using them. Usually elderly customers. This is a
subject that needs to be discussed though. We spend a lot of time explaining
to customers that their old sets will not get those upper channels, but
since their display goes that far, they think I am lying. I had a lady that
could get channel 70 but not 71, (the cable company just added the Food
channel there and she wanted it bad), that was the cut off on her NAP set,
even though her display went to over 100. The bad part is she called
Philips, and they told her that it would. That put us in a bad situation. I
finally had to replace her tuner to prove to her that it was not a TV
problem. She finally made the cable company give her a cable box, and she
leaves her TV on channel 3. I can not believe that the TV designers and the
cable companies did not stick to the same standards. I guess this will be a
problem in the future with HDTV. I understand that possible they will be
changing that to a worldwide standard, then what will happen to the poor
soles whom have purchased HDTV's now. We will have to make that work too I
guess.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
http://www.electricmedic.com
Check out the Electronic Repair Screensaver We created using Electric Medic
Images! More to come:
To download these Collections you must first install the Eyetide Viewer:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907