[TechAssist] Re: BIG 35" TV pick ups?

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:57:46 -0500

the Manufacturers want us to repair in the home.
so they can sell bigger sets that are harder to transport.

i refuse too.  i wish every shop did too.

unless they return to removable light box or a module type
design, like years ago.

Larry

Webster TV wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I manually still pick up the sets and bring them to the shop, if the
> customer can't bring it in. I have a neighbor that's retired that helps me
> with pick-up and delivery, and antenna work,etc. 90% of my repair work is
> done in the shop now, the older I get the harder it is to see
> things,(printed circuits, traces, poor solder connections, etc) without good
> lighting and magnification.
>
>                                     Dan Webster
>                                     Webster's TV
>                                     Shullsburg, Wi.

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY