[TechAssist] Re: A question about moving TV's off of a high shelf.

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:01:05 -0500

Kevin;
What can we tell you.
You can bring in a lift...which probably has about the same weight.

Missing those Repairs will leave you in condition to do the remainder.

Nothing worse then having the repairs in the future, and not being able
to get out of bed to do them. Period.

I don't know which circumstance applies in this set you are asking
about, but you either have to charge the customer for the second man, or
find some way to pass on the cost of a lift to all your customers.

90% of the sets that are in Bars, are up high, I have never moved these
myself. They have always found a way to get them down with staff. Their
staff, not mine.

The other 10% were mostly brought in.  Take it from some of us "Old
Guys"...it's just not worth it. If your self-employed Workman's
Compensation is usually not an option.

-Ed-

Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada

Servicing the Consumer Electronic Industry since 1963

teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx