[TechAssist] A question about moving TV's off of a high shelf.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:06:03 -0800

On Friday I went on a service call and the 27" Sony (15 years old) was
about 4 to 5 feet off the ground.  I tend to have back problems (always
pulling muscles), so I was wondering if there was any "good" way to move
the TV down off the high shelf without hurting myself.  The only way I
can think of is for one person to grab the TV from the front while one
person on the side helps him down with it.  Any other ideas?  Putting it
back up wasn't as hard as taking it down.  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx