[TechAssist] Re: 2SC4834

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:19:29 -0400

The M rank transistors have lower gain and tend to run hotter.  The N rank
transistors are higher gain, P higher.  We use nothing but the P rank and
match them.  I have received Sony M rank transistors with gain as low as 10
and with large variances, even in the same batch.  Everything that we use
has gain in the 30s and 40s.  Get the P rank parts from B&D, Tritronics, or
ACME.  Acme has the best price right now, I believe.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606