[TCUG] Re: mova

  • From: "Wallis, Ian" <Ian.Wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:05:48 +0100

*** Before reading or acting on this e-mail, or opening any attachment, please
read Derby City Council's disclaimer and confidentiality statement at the end
of this e-mail ***

The answer is that it depends on your configuration.

Generally I would use such a detector by getting the controller to output a
bit when the MVD operates, and this controller output then becomes an input
to MOVA.  This input would then be configured to demand the appropriate
stage in MOVA (usually configured as a ped input).  I'm not sure what you
would do if you wanted the MVD to extend the stage as I've never needed that
to happen.  Maybe John Spence could shed some light on that.
Conversely if you didn't want the MVD to operate in MOVA, only in say a
fallback VA mode then that is obviously possible - just don't configure the
input in MOVA.

Ian Wallis
Derby City Council