[TCUG] Re: Zig Zag Markings [No Viruses detected]

  • From: "Land, Dave" <DLand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:00:54 +0100

Zig-zag markings are to indicate the controlled area of a pedestrian
crossing as described in "The Zebra, Pelican and Puffin Pedestrian Crossings
Regulations and General Directions 1997", so I think your safety auditors
have got it wrong.
Using puffin style peds at signals isn't really any different from using the
standard peds, apart from the nearside indictors, so you don't need zig-zags
anyway.
Regards
Dave Land
Northumberland County Council