[TCUG] Re: UTC relocation

  • From: "Peter Jones" <peter.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:09:53 +0100

Andy,

I am in the process of moving Sefton, we expect to move in January.

I have decided to ensure all my rack mounted equipment is relocated
into large movable cabinets before the date and have had prices from BT
and our CCTV company to move their respective equipment into these
cabinets.  On the day, I expect the systems to be down for only a few
hours - the new building is about 100m away!

I have a mixture of private and BT fibre and private and BT copper
circuits. BT will replicate their equipment in the new building in the
weeks before the move and I will ensure our private cabling is also
duplicated from our first on-street termination cabinet.

As long as your equipment is made 'portable' before the move, it will
be a doddle!  I'm looking forward to it and taking the advantage of
designing a new display wall which will allow us to take advantage of
ITS.

Regards

Peter

Peter Jones
Principal Traffic Systems Engineer

Phone: +44 (0) 151 934 4254
Fax:     +44 (0) 151 922 4514

Sefton MBC - UTC
7th Floor
Balliol House
Balliol Road
Bootle
L20 3NJ

>>> "Andrew Ashton" <andrew.ashton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/09/06 16:04
>>>
> Hi
>
> Has anyone relocated their UTC/Tele-12 system recently?
>
> I'm hoping to relocate our blackpool system in the new year to a new
location six miles away, if anyone could highlight any obscure pitfalls
to avoid, especially BT, I would be grateful.

> Regards,
>
> Andy Ashton
> Group Engineer (Congestion Management & UTC)
> Traffic Management & Road Safety,
> Technical Services Division,
> Layton Depot,
> Plymouth Road,
> Blackpool FY3 7HW
>
> Tel: 01253 476191 (direct)
> Mob: 07796 994704
> Email: andrew.ashton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Disclaimer is:
http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/EmailDisclaimer/
This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
Exchange as part of the Council's e-mail and internet policy.

This message is intended for named addressees only and may contain
confidential,
privileged or commercially sensitive information.  If you are not a named
addressee and
this message has come to you in error you must not copy, distribute or take any
action
on its content.  Please return the message to the sender by replying to it
immediately
and then delete it from your computer and destroy any copies of it.

This message does not create or vary any contractual relationship between
Sefton
Metropolitan Borough Council and you.

Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communication medium and Sefton
Metropolitan
Borough Council does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message
after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that this message is
virus-free, it is
the recipient's responsibility to carry out virus checks as appropriate and
ensure that
the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments
will not
adversely affect their systems or data. Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
does not
accept any responsibility in this regard.