[TCUG] Re: Terminal Emulation Software

  • From: "David Key" <david.key@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:04:12 +0000

not quite sure exactly what your trying to achieve but I=27ve used several
different SPV=27s for controller comms/MOVA validation using bluetooth and
a plug in bluetooth serial adaptor.

The communications software we use is the TflTool box, written by Paul
Van Gelder at Tfl.

SPV=27s to concider SPV M3100 (also known as HTC TYTN) or the newer model
HTC TYTNII which also has built in GPS.

Hope that helps.

Regards
=20
David Key
Senior Engineer
Urban Traffic Control
Kirklees Metropolitan Council
Tel: 01484 22 54 36
Mob: 07970 25 22 98
=20
=E2=80=94------------------------------------------------------------------=
--

>>> =22Alistair McClean=22 <alistair.mcclean=40nottinghamcity.gov.uk>
17/01/2008 16:37 >>>
I am looking to purchase the new Nokia E90 Communicator to replace our
Psion
which has finally given up on us. However, I am reluctant to commit
until I
can find some terminal emulation software that will work on the new
communicator to enable us to dial into the UTC computer, and have drawn
blank trying to find anything on the internet. There is a lot of
software
around that works on the old 9500 / 9300 Communicator (e.g. NewDIAL95
by
NewNet) but not apparently on the new Communicator which uses a new
Symbian
operating system.
=20

If anyone out there is using the new Nokia for SCOOT validation, I
would be
grateful if they could let me know where the terminal emulation
software was
purchased.

=20

=20

Alistair McClean

Senior Engineer - Traffic Signal Design

Nottingham City Council

Keep your finger on Nottingham=27s pulse throughout 2008 - sign up for
the
Notice Nottingham e-bulletin at
www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/noticenottingham=20

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content=20
and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may=20
contain personal views which are not the views of=20
Nottingham City Council unless specifically stated.=20
If you have received it in error, please delete it from
your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information
in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately. Please note that Nottingham City Council
monitors e-mails sent or received for the purposes of
ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.
The contents of e-mails sent or received may have to be
disclosed if a relevant request is made under current
legislation, such as, but not limited to, the Data Protection
Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000