[TCUG] Re: (TCUG) Bleep and Sweep

  • From: "Purdie, Hamilton" <Hamilton.Purdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"\"Tim Clark\" " <Tim.Clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:03:00 +0100

     Tim,
    =20
     I agree with the others regarding Bleep and Sweep although you =
could=20
     use an alternative "Talking Pelican Equipment" produced by:
    =20
     Coeval Products Ltd=20
     Mercat House,
     6 High Street,
     Prestonpans,
     East Lothian,
     Scotland, UK,
     EH32 9SN
     Tel: 01875-814666  =20

        It has been quite successful in Scotland.

       Regards,

Hamilton M G Purdie

Assistant Principal Engineer
Project Manager BIAS

CITRAC/ NADICS
Glasgow City Council
Land Services
National Network Control Centre
32, Elmbank Street,
Glasgow=20
G2 7AD
Tel 0141-287-9307
Fax 0141-248-4610=20

______________________________ Reply Separator=20
_________________________________
Subject: (TCUG) Bleep and Sweep
Author:  "Tim Clark" <SMTP:Tim.Clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> at=20
ExchangeOrganisation
Date:    31/07/02 14:30

Can anyone direct me to relevant advice notes or personally advise as to =

the minimum stagger required for bleep and sweep to operate. We have a=20
site at which the units have been deactivated in the central reserve, I=20
am told they were confusing the users.
    =20
I have not previously had any involvement with this facility but=20
understood that the sound was directional but obviously there are still=20
limitations. Can anyone offer any advice or personnel experience which=20
may help ? I have a militant blind group insisting on the reactivation=20
of these units whatever the cost.
    =20
    =20
*******
Note: We are a Microsoft Office site.  Our base version is 4.3.  Please =
make=20
sure
that files you send can be read in this format.
    =20
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,=20
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail is strictly =

prohibited save unless expressly authorised by the sender.
    =20
The information contained in this message is intended for the named
recipients only. It may contain privileged and confidential information =
and if=20
you
are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering this to =
the=20
addressee,
you may not copy, distribute or take action in reliance on it.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender(s)=20
immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete as soon as =
possible=20
the message from your computer.

Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this message.
Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so please
scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its contents.