[TCUG] Signal Installation

  • From: Dick Andrews <RAndrews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'tcug mail' <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:19:56 +0100

In this part of the world 3 of the manufacturers now subcontract
installation work and this has resulted in a significant deterioration in
service. At commissioning a number of "non-fatal" faults and incomplete work
is invariably found and it is virtually impossible to get completion as
manufacturer and installer blame each other. (Eg an unfixed manual panel). I
would like to introduce a non-performance rebate, but doubt its legality as
the community has the use of the signals. I do of course withhold payment,
but that gives me a problem with year end expenditure. Has anybody got a
successful way of getting signal companies (particularly Peek) to toe the
line?

 Dick