[TCUG] Red lights

  • From: Ellis Clarke <e.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:08:27 +0100

We have has query from a Local Authority highway engineer regarding the
use of red traffic signals to stop drivers who are exceeding the speed
limit.
A system is in use in Spain whereby a vehicle exceeding the speed limit
immediately calls a red traffic signal some 100 to 150 metres down the
road, which stops the speeding vehicle.

We have been asked if there are any similar systems in use in the UK and
if any systems are approved for use in the UK.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ellis Clarke
GMUTC
Manchester City Council
Second Floor
2 Piccadilly Place
M1 3BN

Tel 0161 247 3190
Fax 0161 228 1530
e.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.manchester.gov.uk

Manchester City Council supports Smokefree England - 1 July 2007

you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

Please contact internet.administrators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with any queries.