[TCUG] Re: Pedestrian Nearside Indicators - louvres and restricting viewing angles - an update

  • From: "Peter Heath" <P.Heath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:20 +0100

In terms of ordering new equipment and replacing damaged equipment this
would be easier with option A. Incidently our main supplier is Thermotor -
and they supply a lot.
However, thinking this idea though further, is there likely to be a
problem in the busier pedestrian areas of restricting visibilty too much?
We don't want to have to fit repeaters as the norm. Also should the
restricted view/louvre include the red man as we don't normally louvre red
traffic aspects?

We've had numerous problems with PNI especially when refurbishing sites
originally designed for farside heads. As a matter of course on planned
work we pre-mark the poles before the signal company attends site and
although time consuming we have fewer problems. Unfortunately this does
not help with knock downs when the signal company simply refit as they
think correct.

Peter Heath
Senior Assistant Engineer
Greater Manchester Urban Traffic Control

Tel: 0161 247 3162
Mobile: 07876 218272

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.