[TCUG] Pedestrian Detection at Puffin Crossings

  • From: james.buckley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:51:07 +0100

Could I ask the group if anyone else has had a problem with pedestrians
being `lost' by the on-crossing detection at Puffins?

Our problem seems to relate to the minimum ped speed threshold.  It appears
that very slow pedestrians could
be missed completely and that if someone pauses on the crossing, for
instance to pick up a dropped item, the detection assumes that the crossing
move has been completed.
We have observed these problems during tests of the detector coverage, but
are not aware of
any conflicts in real life.  Has anyone else has come across this issue?

Cheers

Jim Buckley
Senior Road Accident Investigation Officer
Development Department
(0113) 2476327

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

Service of legal documents is not accepted by email