[TCUG] MOVA at mid block crossings

  • From: Matthew Smith <MASmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:07:42 +0100

Can anyone point me in the direction of any reference documents for using
MOVA at an isolated, staggered Toucan crossing.  The site I have in mind is
unremarkable but at present is on a route with a 50mph limit.  I hope to get
this reduced to 40mph.  The other factor is the proposed crossing is about
90m downstream from a roundabout visibility to the signal heads does however
meet the standards.  One worry I have at the site is the possibility of
queues interfering with the roundabout leading to shunt type accidents.
I seem to recall Mark Crabtree mentioned at last years symposium that MOVA
works well at crossings but can't seem to find any notes.

Any thoughts?

Matthew Smith - Assistant Engineer
Leicestershire County Council
HT&WM | Engineering Services | Traffic Signals.
Tel. 0116 265  | Fax. 0116 265
e-mail | masmith(at)leics.gov.uk