[TCUG] CCTV - Data compliance

  • From: "Parrett, Simon" <Simon.Parrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:32:43 +0100

Dear all,

Just received a letter from a company calling themselves "The CCTV Data=
 Compliance Inspectorate" offering the services of one of their=
 'inspectors' with regard to our compliance under the Data Protection Act.=
=0D

Being of a suspicious nature I have checked with the Information=
 Commissioner - who confirm that 'Bogus Agencies' do operate 'scams' of=
 this nature and whilst not strictly illegal, since they offer a service of=
 sorts, they do have concerns about how they represent themselves in their=
 advertisements.

Simon Parrett
Engineer Network Management
City Of York Council   =0D

* * * * * * * * * * * *

This communication is from City of York Council.

The information contained within, and in any attachment(s), is confidential=
 and legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended=
 recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that=
 any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication, or the=
 information within, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Equally,=
 you must not disclose all, or part, of its contents to any other person.

If you have received this communication in error, please return it=
 immediately to the sender, then delete and destroy any copies of it.

City of York Council disclaims any liability for action taken in reliance=
 on the content of this communication.